This year's Jury:
Diane Smyth - British Journal of Photography.
Executive Editor of The British Journal of Photography.
Giuseppe Oliverio - PHmuseum.
CEO & Founder at PHmuseum.
Luca Desienna - Gomma.
Mentor at Gomma. Art director of Radical Matter.
Matt Shonfeld - Institute.
Executive Director of Institute.
Michael Itkoff - Daylight.
Cofounder of Daylight Books, and an Associate Professor at the School of Visual Arts in Manhattan.
Nobuhiro Kobayashi - Antenne Books.
International manager at Antenne Books.
Stephane Charpenter - TempsZero.
Curator of Temps Zero. Editor and film maker based in Athens.
Tim Clark - 1000s words.
Founder and editor of 1000 words.
Tom Griggs - Fototazo.
Founder and editor of Fototazo.
Yumi Goto - Reminders Project.
Founder of Reminders Project. Renowned international curator and editor.
Please submit between 12 and 50 images.
From an unfinished, ongoing or completed project.
Any medium: black & white or color, analogue or digital. Polaroid/ instagram etc...
Any genre: Portraiture/ Documentary/ Fine Art/ Black & white/ Photojournalism/ Conceptual/ Landscape ....
We are looking for consistency, personality and courage.
1 | Submission guidelines:
• 12 to 50 images at 72 dpi (JPGs - sRGB/ RGB)
• 1300 pixels on the longest size.
• A short artist statement.
• A short biography.
• A breakdown of how you will spend the grant.
Shortlisted will be announced on 15th Jan 2017.
While the winners will be announced on 17th February 2017.
2 | Brief FAQ:
- Are multiple entries allowed? Yes, as long as they for different bodies of work.
- What type of work? Any genre. Documentary/ portraiture/ conceptual/ landscapes etc.
- Can I submit fewer than 12 images? That wouldn't be possible. Minimum images requirement is 12.
- Why do you charge? Unfortunately, running a contest for a grant like this one comes with substantial costs - from the interface submittable.com fees, to web hosting/ web developing & graphic design costs, to the time-consuming selection process (which can take months), marketing and advertising expenses, etc. Therefore we have been forced to apply a small submission fee this year in order to counterbalance all of these costs. In addition we believe that if a photographer is paying for a submission he/she will invest more time and will focus more thoroughly on the editing and compiling of the images, therefore raising the overall quality bar of the grant even further.
- I started this 'ongoing' project long time ago, can I still submit it? Yes, it does not matter when you started this work.
- I am based in a non-Euro currency country, how will I get paid if I win this grant? The €1000 will be transferred into your bank account or Paypal account at the exchange rate on the day of transaction.
- Do you award only one grant? Our aim is to get to a position where we could actually give several substantial grants, that will depend on the amount of entries submitted; at the moment we are giving a first, a second and a third place grant - respectively receiving 1000, 500 and 200 Euros.
- Is it possible to edit submissions? Yes, it is.
3 | Deadlines:
• The final deadline is 31st October 2016 - ( €20.00 fee)
Gomma Grant website: http://gommagrant.com/
For Copyrights and Rights Usage information: http://www.gommamag.com/copyright.html
Data protection: Any information you provide to Gomma will not be used for other commercial purposes and will not be sold, rented, leased or forwarded to any third party.
Please submit below: