Awarding and supporting international photographers since 2004.
Gomma Grant 2017 Jury:
Caroline Hunter, Picture Editor of The Guardian.
Diane Smyth, Executive Editor of The British Journal of Photography.
Enrico Stefanelli, Founder and Art Director of PhotoLux Festival.
Joao Linneu, Founder and Curator of VOID.
Luca Desienna, Mentor and Founder of Gomma.
Peggy Sue Amison, Artistic Director at East Wing Gallery.
Stephane Charpentier, Curator of Temps Zero. Editor and film maker based in Athens.
Please submit between 6 and 50 images.
From an unfinished, ongoing or completed project.
Any medium: black & white or color, analogue or digital. Polaroid/ instagram etc...
Any genre: Portraiture/ Documentary/ Fine Art/ Black & white/ Photojournalism/ Conceptual/ Landscape...
We are looking for consistency, personality and courage.
1 | Submission guidelines:
• 6 to 50 images at 72 dpi (JPGs - sRGB/ RGB)
• 1300 pixels on the longest size.
• A short artist statement.
• A short biography.
• A breakdown of how you will spend the grant.
2 | Brief FAQ:
- Are multiple entries allowed? Yes, you are allowed to submit more than one entry, as long as the images are from different bodies of work.
- What type of work? Any genre. Documentary/ portraiture/ conceptual/ landscapes etc.
- Can I submit fewer than 6 images? That wouldn't be possible. Minimum images requirement is 6.
- Even if I submit into the Best Color or B&W Picture? That's correct, minimum images requirement is 6 for any category.
- Why do you charge? Unfortunately, running a contest for a grant like this one comes with substantial costs - from the interface submittable.com fees,
to web hosting/ web developing & graphic design costs, to the
time-consuming selection process (which can take months), marketing and
advertising expenses, etc. Therefore we have been forced to apply a
small submission fee this year in order to counterbalance all of these
- I started this 'ongoing' project long time ago, can I still submit it? Yes, it does not matter when you started this work.
- Do you award only one grant? At the moment we are giving a First, a Second and a Third place grant - respectively receiving 1000, 500 and 100 Euros. In addition we added an Honorable Mention prize of 100 Euros, and six extra categories: Best Color Documentary, Best Black & White Documentary, Best Color Picture, Best B&W Picture, Best Daily Life Story and Best Rising Talent, each receiving 100 Euros together with the printed Gomma Certificate.
- Is it possible to edit submissions? Editing submissions will be possible upon request from the 1st of October up until the 31st of October. If you have submitted under the Early Bird deadline and you would need to edit your submission please send your request by the 31st of August. Please note that it will not be possible to edit submissions once the 31st October deadline has been reached.
• The early bird deadline is 31sth August 2017- ( €10.00 reduced fee)
• The final deadline is 31st October 2017 - ( €25.00 fee)
Gomma Grant website: http://www.gommagrant.com
For Copyrights and Rights Usage information: http://www.gommamag.com/copyright.html
Data protection: Any information you provide to Gomma will not be used for other commercial purposes and will not be sold, rented, leased or forwarded to any third party.
If you would like to pre-order the 2017 Gomma Grant Catalogue please log on to Gomma BigCartel.
Please submit below: